A Dashboard provides information at a glance. At any time, customize the dashboard to present data to address your need. To build a dashboard, simply create and arrange views to gather and display relevant information.
To build dashboards, add views as widgets from Topology, Anomalies, or Trends. Create multiple dashboards to facilitate different use cases, different user personas, or different teams. To add a view to a dashboard from the Topology, Anomalies, or Trends tabs, you must:
- 1.Select the view you want to add to your dashboard.
- 2.Click on the add to dashboard icon.
You must create at least one dashboard before you can add a view. Once you click on the add to dashboard icon, you must select the widget type and the name of the dashboard you want to place it into.
To add a widget to a dashboard from the Dashboard tab, do the following:
- 1.Select the dashboard name where you want to add a widget.
- 2.Next to WIDGET, click on the plus (+) icon.
- 3.Select anomaly, topology, or trends from where you want to add a view.Add a Dashboard WidgetYou will be presented with a list of available views from that tab.
- 4.Select one or more views.
You can specify several settings from the Dashboard tab.
Each dashboard that you create must be assigned a unique name. Following is an example of a daily-monitoring dashboard. Create and select multiple dashboards. A dashboard represents a collection of widgets that you select at the time of creation. To monitor different portions of the network, users with different roles can create their own dashboards. The highlighted section in the drop-down menu is used to select any of the previously created dashboards.
Select a Dashboard by its Name
After you create or change the layout of a dashboard, save it or you will lose your changes. To save, click the highlighted icon.
Save Changes to a Dashboard
Any dashboard can be deleted. Click the highlighted icon (x) to remove a dashboard. Exercise caution since you cannot undo a delete operation.
Delete a Specific Dashboard
To create a new dashboard, follow these steps:
- 1.Click the highlighted icon plus (+) icon.
- 2.Next to DASHBOARD NAME, type a unique name for your dashboard. If you create a dashboard on a new system, your dashboard will be blank. On an existing system, your dashboard will resemble the dashboard that was displayed when you clicked on the create icon.
- 3.(Optional) Edit the layout to add, remove, or reposition widgets. The new dashboard will be saved automatically.Create a Dashboard
Use the More Actions (...) icon to import or export a dashboard if you want to share or move it.
- Export the dashboard to create a JSON file that will be saved to your device.
- Import to upload a JSON file from your device.More Actions Icon
Edit the layout of your dashboard to either highlight the most important data or view multiple sets of data at a glance. Change the size and position of each widget on the dashboard. Your dashboard settings may alter the location of your widgets. For more information on settings, refer to Dashboard Settings.
- 1.Click the edit layout (pencil) icon.Edit Dashboard LayoutEdit operations are only permitted on widgets that are already present on your dashboard.
- 2.Resize, move, rename, or delete any widgets.
- Click and hold the lower right corner of any widget to resize the widget to the desired size.
- Grab the top bar of the widget to move it to the desired location.
- Hover over the name of the widget and select the pencil icon. Edit the title (edit title) to rename each widget.
- Click the delete (x) icon in the upper right corner to remove a widget from your dashboard.
To edit the dashboard settings, do the following:
- 1.Click the Settings (gear) icon.Dashboard Settings Gear Icon
- 2.From the dashboard settings, choose one of the following operations:
- Set Compact Layout to On to automatically move up widgets in the dashboard to eliminate any open space.
- Set Compact Layout to Off to ensure that your widgets stay in the same location as you specify.
Select the Embed Dashboard icon to include your dashboard on another website.
To embed your dashboard, follow these steps:
- 1.Click the highlighted Embed Dashboard </> icon.Embed Dashboard IconYou will be presented with several options before downloading the HTML code.
- 2.Indicate your preferred settings:Edit Embed Dashboard Settings
- Widget Controls - Set it to Off to hide Embed Widget Controls and disable settings and full view of the embedded dashboard.
- Anomaly Controls - Set it to Off to hide anomaly widget view controls.
- Widget Size - After you adjust the size of your widget, you can add the HTML code to the web page of your choice.
Use filters to set the time frame for your views on your dashboard.
To create a filter, do the following:
- 1.From FILTERS, click on the plus (+) icon to add a filter.Filters
- 2.Create, name, and save your filter.
- 3.(Optional) Set a default time frame. This allows you to see other non-default time frames. To choose multiple time frames or specify a custom timeframe, select the three dots (...) to view additional options.Specify a Filter Timeframe
- 4.Select a particular date or range of dates.
Select a Date or Date Range
Use Widgets to see and edit views from each tab that are present in your dashboard.
To view widgets, follow these steps:
- 1.See how many views from each tab are present in your dashboard. For example, from TRENDS, you will see that there are four widgets with views.
- 2.Click on the plus (+) icon to add additional widgets to your dashboard. Select the Topology, Anomalies, or Trends tab that you want to view. You will be presented with a list of available views from that tab.
- 3.Select one or more views.